Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Cry


I cry

I can’t believe this place I’m in.
Pressure is coming from all sides
But I have no where to move
I want to cry but I’m afraid to be vulnerable
I feel like I’m coming unglued ripping at the seems

Everyone knows the right thing to do but me
Because apparently everything I do is wrong
Don’t know what to do, which way to turn.
A deer stuck in headlights

I try to be the best person I can be but I fail
The best mother, child, friend, lover, sister
I can see it failing apart in front of my eyes like a sand castle built to close to the edge slowly eroding away.

I cry because it’s painful,
I cry because I’m not free,
I cry because I’m invisible and no one sees me.

No one knows, why can’t they see the demons tormenting me
I know why the cage bird sings and why the free one stays silent.
Constrains don’t have to be made out of metal and steel.
The saddest person could have just pasted you on the street.
The happiest on cell block 9.

So just because of the smile is on my face doesn’t mean it’s in my soul.
And the person wearing the most bling it could feel like coal.
It’s tired trying to be happy when you’re not.
To seem as if you feel great when you are at your worst.

I cry because it’s painful
I cry because I’m not free
I cry because I’m invisible and no one sees me.

Cherlnell ” Cookie” Battles

No comments:

Post a Comment