Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hairy Situation

It’s me again lord praying to you asking you to please give me the strength to deal with everything going on in my life. I want to be able to get better and I trust your will to be done. Aman.

I tried to take a shower the other day, seems like a simple task right? Well not for me. There are a couple of different types of showers that I take. There is the quick do nothing but wash my body shower, a wash body and hair shower, a shave and wash my body shower, and a total shower that consists of all the above. Well one day last week I was attempting to take an all of the above shower and it didn’t quite work out that way. ..

I was hoping and wishing that I would go out on a date this weekend so I called myself getting gussied up. Going to make sure that everything was all clean and smooth. So I washed my hair and put the conditioner in and went to shaving; underarms, arms, then on to legs. Well needless to say I made it all the way through most of my routine down to one leg and this pain hit me in my back almost knocked me out. I tried to keep going but it wouldn’t leave and soon I could barley move. There wasn’t anything I could say but, “Ok body I’m sorry I am getting out.” So now I’m walking around with 3 out of 4 appendage shaved. I thought it was funny that was until the pain never left. Now here I am still hairy on one leg and my pain has gotten worst. I have had a migraine for 3 days now and it’s not your normal run of the mill hurts in the front of my head migraine. No, It’s the right side of my whole head can’t chew, can’t think, can’t even use the phone on the side of my head migraine. I have tried everything to get rid of it all the way up to Percocet and won’t anything take it away.

Well that’s all for today sweets. I will be back to you all soon with more ups and downs of a black woman living in pain.

4 comments:

  1. My Oh My! This is definitely a "hairy" situation I think next time you should start with the shaving and then do the rest cuz maybe your body was like okay she has been in this shower for too long! LOL Or it might have to be a 2step process you know one day Option 2 and the next Option 3 so with that being said you have to plan your dates with some real advance notice to them! Love ya sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you've pointed out, showers can be EXTREMELY exerting to one with fibromyalgia. As a matter of fact my physical therapist told me that the amount of energy that it would take someone to climb a flight of stairs, is equal to the same amount of energy that it would take a person w/chronic pain to take a shower.
    That it why if you're like me, you may often leave the shower feeling exhausted & ready to pass out!
    Things that I've found to make showers a little easier:
    1) Use a shower stool
    2) Have great ventilation while in the shower
    3) On the days that you feel bad, ask your spouse for assistance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't all too much trouble to go on dates?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to pass out in the shower all throughout my 20's. didn't get my diagnosis until i was just about 30. if only i would have known back then - i wouldn't have been embarrassed to tell someone. i just thought i was crazy.

    NOW i know the benefit of a shower seat. i also know the days i MUST take a bath instead because there is no way i could stand up in the shower.

    wierd. what will it be like when i'm even older if i already can't stand in the shower now??!!

    maybe we can just get some hotties to shower us. :D

    ReplyDelete